Please Sign Letter to Elon Musk and SpaceX
Stop 5G International is collecting signatures from individuals and organizations on an Open Letter to Elon Musk and SpaceX asking for a halt to the satellite program. “We write to you today,” says the letter, “to ask you to halt the Starlink project because it is so destructive.” The letter lists some of the consequences of filling the sky with tens of thousands of disposable satellites:
- visible pollution of the night sky
- interference with astronomy & meteorology
- rocket exhaust, contributing to ozone depletion and climate change
- ground and water pollution from intensive use of increasingly many spaceports
- accumulating space debris
- continual deorbiting and burning up of aging satellites, polluting the atmosphere with toxic dust and smoke
- ever-increasing likelihood of collisions
- increasing risk of the Kessler syndrome
The letter and signature form are posted on Stop 5G International’s website: https://www.stop5ginternational.org/open-letter-to-elon-musk-spacex
Requested by Kate Wheel: Would it be possible for you to share with your subscribers this important Open Letter to Elon Musk & SpaceX? Both individuals and organizations are being invited to sign.
The Open Letter requests that SpaceX halt their satellite program, and that Elon Musk sit down with scientists, astronomers and others to begin a conversation about the non-consensual taking of the skies and the dire consequences SpaceX satellites will have on the planet.
As SpaceX satellites will radiate and pollute every inch of the planet leaving nowhere untouched, the team is inviting environmental organizations and individuals, both nationally and internationally, to sign and share the Open Letter.
2) Press Release for media outlets and others who may be interested.